Stories and Reflections

Stories and Reflections.
Journey #1. New Haven to Seattle by way of South Korea.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Family in the HEARTland

We bid farewell to Lisa, Nick and Frasier on Tuesday morning and drove west to Indianapolis. After the first stop to visit my Jimmy we headed to Mammaw's house and were sneak attacked by my mom's twin, Cheryl. It makes sense, but it wasn't until we were sirtting across from them that we were struck by the similarity of their expressions and mannerisms. We headed over my cousin Rachel's for dinner, but just as we were about to knock on the door I got a call from Alycia, our friend who was recieving our boxes in Seattle, telling us that the key to open the door was not working. A few moments of panic, a few moments of problem solving, then our landlord in Seattle magically arrived home and saved the day. Many thanks to Alycia for going through the trouble for us. Many thanks to Susan, as well.
(The full story, which unfolded over the next hours, is that the moving truck was stuck in a multi-hour traffic jam due to an overturned tractor trailer, and ended up not even being able to deliver that day. They did come back the next day and delivered our things, and Susan was the MOST helpful. What a mess!)

We finally got to dinner and had a lovely time catching up with Rachel, Jeff, Stephanie, Cheryl and John. Sorry the visit was too short to see all the cousins!

Pics:
1. Jimmy and me
2. Mammaw and me
3. Stephanie, Rachel and me
4. Cheryl and me
Mom - I'm posting more on Picassa!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.5.2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Becky, we all loved seeing the family pics and I didn't even recognize Cheryl Anne! Loved seeing my Mom of course and Jimmie...grateful for the pics! BIG HUG! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete